University of Birmingham 6 A Side Football
The University of Birmingham Men’s Football Club has always held a strong name in University football and is one of the most successful university clubs in recent years. A mixture of elite level coaching and social events creates a professional outlook and a team spirit destined for success. We have 3 teams competing in the BUCS leagues.The first team competes in the BUCS Prem. The second team competes in Midlands 1A, while the third team competes in Midlands 4A. Additionally there is a UOB Men’s Football Development team. UoB Mens FC believes it has the right philosophy, attitude and work ethic to build on our trophy success in the 2015/16 season.
Contact usClub captains: Jamie Weller / Luke Barrow
Head coach: TBC
Successes & achievements2015/16
- 1st team promoted to the BUCS Premier North division, after beating Liverpool John Moores University and Abertay University in the playoffs
- 2nd team promoted to BUCS West Midlands 1A
- 3rd team finished 2nd in BUCS West Midland 4A
- The first team narrowly missed out on promotion from Midlands 1A to go into the BUCS prem
- The second team were relegated from Midlands 1A, and will now be in Midlands 2A
- After back to back promotions, the third team were relegated from Midlands 3A to Midlands 3B
- The first team narrowly missed out on promotion from the Midland 1A
- The second team won promotion from Midland 2A to join the 1st team in midland 1A
- The third team finished second in the Midland 3A to Worcester
- Third team won the midlands 3A division 2013 making it back-to-back promotions.
- Second team were runners up to Loughborough 3s in the conference cup 2012.
Training times & venues
Mondays18.00 – 20.00Bournbrook astro turfTuesdays07.30 – 09.00Bournbrook astro turfFridays07.30 – 09.00 Metchley 3G