University Of Bedfordshire Biomedical Science UB
Almost everyone in the UK will benefit at some point in their lives from disease diagnosis expertise. This IBMS accredited course provides a sound base in the laboratory sciences used to diagnose or investigate diseases, preparing you for a range of careers.
Study normal life processes and the pathological changes that occur in disease. Keep up to date with current developments with guest lectures by biomedical science experts from institutes and hospital laboratories.
Gain experience in techniques – such as problem based learning (PBL) for disease diagnosis – commonly used in medical schools.
Our Biomedical Science BSc (Hons) degree provides an excellent base to pursue a career in hospital laboratories, pharmaceutical industries and/or postgraduate entry into medical science related courses.
- Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS)
Biomedical Science – BSc (Hons) – University Square Campus, Luton
- We will consider you as an individual and take into account all elements of your application, not just your qualifications. We are looking for breadth and depth in your current studies and enthusiasm for the subject you wish to study.
UCAS has introduced a new tariff for courses starting from September 2017. This means the points you will be asked for are different to previous years but the grades you receive have not changed.
- At least 112 points with 96 points from at least 2 A level passes
- At least 112 points with Distinction Merit Merit in BTEC Extended Diploma or Distinction* Distinction* in BTEC Diploma
- A completed Access to Higher Education Diploma (with 12 merits and 12 distinctions at level 3)
- Equivalent qualifications such as Irish Leaving Certificate, OCR Nationals, International Baccalaureate and CACHE Level 3 awards.
For more clarification about your qualifications in the new tariff view the UCAS tariff calculator