University of Bath Karate
What We Do
Are you new to Karate?
The club mainly teaches a style of Karate called Wado-Ryu Karate. The club offers regular training in teaching the following:
– Techniques – blocks, strikes, punhces, kicks etc;
– Fitness – our Wednesday session is specific to fitness training;
– Confidence – performing katas (forms) or kumite (fighting) at competitions in front of people;
– Self-defence – how to control an attacker and defend yourself in the street.
Experienced coaches are on hand to help guide you and teach you in learning and applying various techniques
Are you returning to Karate?
If you are returning to karate after a sabbatical, please feel free to come along to our sessions!
The club has coaches from a variety of different styles including: Shotokan, Shito-Ryu and more.
As a diverse club, we ensure that training is flexible to allow you to learn new and different things from other members.
Check out our video page ( http://www.bathstudent.com/sport/clubs/karate/videos/ ) to see what Karate competitions are all about!!!
Reasons to Join Us
- Learn a martial art, to get fitt and to become more flexible in the process.
- Release some stress after a hard days work.
- Experienced and dedicated members including international level fighters and fitness coaching from Olympic decathletes.
- An active and friendly community.
- A great social atmosphere both at training and outside of training.
- Cheapest and most time accessible opportunity to learn a martial art.
- The safest nights out you will ever go on!
- Support readily available for you for whatever you want to achieve from becoming a part of the UBKC.
Come & Meet Us
Feel free to come along to any of our training sessions to come have a chat, watch the session and answer any of your questions:
Monday 5.00 pm – 6.45 pm STV Dojo
Wednesday 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm Founders Hall
Friday 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm STV Hall
Saturday 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm STV Hall
Sunday 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm STV Dojo
If you can’t catch us at training, just send one of the committee members a message (via email or Facebook) and we can arrange a meet up for a chat!