University of Northampton Employability
For a lot of people, getting a degree is a way of getting a good job. But we believe there’s more to it than that. That’s why, throughout your degree with us, we put extra emphasis on the transferable skills that will take you into your career.
The Changemaker Hub is there for you throughout your degree, providing volunteering opportunities, work placements, internships, part-time jobs and the opportunity to become an Ambassador for the University. All of this experience looks great on your CV, which our Changemaker Hub staff can help you create. They can also get you ready and confident for job applications and interviews so that nailing that graduate role is a doddle. Plus, you can take part in Employability Plus, which gives you formal recognition of the activities you undertake outside of your degree.
That’s why 95%* of our graduates are working or studying within six months of finishing their course with us.
We are dedicated to recruiting, retaining and developing high quality staff. Our aim is to be the number one university in the UK for social enterprise – providing exciting opportunities for our staff and delivering real benefits to our community. Just some of the staff benefits include:
- minimum of 33 days leave including bank holidays and closed days
- additional annual leave for length of service (subject to terms and conditions)
- enhanced maternity leave entitlement (subject to terms and conditions)
- excellent training and development opportunities
- professional and friendly environment
- lifelong learning culture
- occupational health service
- flexitime scheme for professional and support staff (subject to terms and conditions)
- employee social events throughout the year
- excellent learning resources
- IT facilities including video conferencing facilities
- on site gym facilities at Park Campus
- childcare voucher scheme
- free transport between campuses
- discounts at local businesses
View current job opportunities at the University of Northampton and apply online. Please be aware that should you be shortlisted for a vacant position and invited to attend an interview the University will not reimburse you for any expenses incurred to attend the interview.
Unitemps is the University of Northampton’s in-house recruitment agency, providing flexible employment to current students, graduates and the wider community. Unitemps enables students to earn money and contribute to their career at the same time, improving their employability. We have a wide range of paid part-time or full-time temporary work opportunities both on-campus and in local businesses that fit around course commitments.
Find out how Unitemps could help you to find work now, register online at the Unitemps website.
The Global Employability Initiative
The Global Employability Initiative (GEI) is offered by Northampton Business School (NBS) and links exceptionally talented and enthusiastic international students with companies across the globe.
Actively expanding, the initiative matches students’ CVs with work opportunities, as well as preparing them with the necessary skills, knowledge, attitudes and commercial understanding to compete for jobs in their home countries.