University of Hull Withdrawal

university of hall logo

University of Hull Withdrawal

University of Hull Withdrawal

Withdrawal From the University

There are several reasons why you may be thinking about withdrawing from the University. The University provides numerous services to help support you with any aspects of your University life. Before making the decision to withdraw it is advisable that you speak to someone about your options.

Useful contacts:

If you do decide that you wish to withdraw from the University, then you must complete a Withdrawal Form.

Consequences of withdrawing from the University:

SFE Consequences

When you have withdrawn from the course, the University will recalculate your fee for the academic year and notify Student Finance England of your withdrawal date and your fee liability. At this point, SFE will calculate whether you have to repay any loans or grants that have been overpaid to you.

Scholarships and Bursaries

The Money website provides information and guidance on the implications on Scholarships and Bursaries when withdrawing.

Tuition Fee Refunds

Once withdrawn, Student Financial Services office will calculate the amount of tuition fee you are liable to pay. If you are in receipt of a Tuition Fee Loan from SFE, then the University will inform them of your withdrawal and confirm your revised tuition fee liability.

If you are self-financed, then you may be entitled to a refund on your tuition fees. Please contact Student Financial Services once your withdrawal has been processed to arrange any refunds.

Accommodation charges

In relation to University accommodation, the University may, at its sole discretion, reimburse some or all of the Licence Fee. Residence charges will continue to accrue until either formal notification has been received by the Accommodation Office of your withdrawal, or your key has been returned (whichever is the latter). For more, information contact the Accommodation Office.

The Library and your student card

Once you the withdrawal has been processed on your record, your library card will cease to work. You will not need to hand the card in. Books should be returned to the Library immediately.

Tier 4 students

Before withdrawing from the University, we strongly advise that you speak to one of the Immigration Advisors to discuss the implications. The Visa and Immigration webpages provide information on how they can be contacted.



Key Contacts:

Registry Services:


Tel: + 44 (0)1482 465032