University of Hull Transcripts

university of hall logo

University of Hull Transcripts

University of Hull Transcripts

Transcripts – Current Students

As a student of the University, you may sometimes need to prove to a 3rd party what modules you have passed so far. In this instance, the University can provide an Official Transcript. An Official University Transcript lists the dates that you have studied, the modules that you have undertaken and lists the available module marks.

Example of a Transcript

If you are on campus, the easiest way to get a transcript is from the AskHU Helpdesk on the 2nd Floor of Student Central (Student’s Union Building). This will be printed off straightaway for you.

If you are not on campus, a transcript can be requested through the online shop and posted or emailed to you.

Transcripts for current students are free of charge.

Transcripts, Certificates of Status & Proof of Study Letters

Last updated on 4/22/2016 Print this page

Further links




Contact Us

UoH Alumni Community

Follow us

Join us on

Follow us on

The University can supply transcripts, certificates of status or proof of study letters.

What is the difference between the documents?

The transcript is an official document, which outlines for an individual student the dates of attendance, and all of the courses and results obtained during the your time at University.

The Certificate of Status is for current students only and is used to show the course you are currently studying along with your expected end date.

The Proof of Study letter is for past students and confirms the dates of study and the qualification received. It contains less detailed information than a full transcript but provides an easy way to show the dates you were enrolled as a student.

Degree Verification Service

HEDD is a new Degree Verification service. The service is an online portal, used by 3rd parties to verify the awards or periods of study of our current and previous students. It is an official service, managed by the Higher Education Careers Services Unit (HECSU) on behalf of Universities UK and Guild HE. Enquirers enter the details of the student whose award they wish to verify, upload a scan of the student’s consent form, and pay a small fee.
All requests from 3rd parties (e.g. other HEIs, potential student employers or professional credential checking services) to verify student awards should use HEDD by visiting

Degree Transcripts

You can access the University of Hull online shop here:

We are listed under product cataloguestudent services.

You will find products listed under the following categories:

  • Transcripts
  • Proof of Study
  • DHL Postage
  • Other – Supplementary copies

Choose the product you would like to purchase, you will be asked a series of questions, it is important you answer all of the questions as this allows us to process your request more efficiently.

If you require more than one document use the continue shopping option, your purchases will be held in the shopping basket until you are ready to check out.

If you require multiple copies of your document you must purchase a single full price copy first, then choose the supplementary copies, these are under the other category. With this option you can purchase up to 10 copies at a lower price to one address.


All charges include UK first class postage or Ordinary airmail which are not track-able. If you would like to track the delivery we offer DHL courier at an additional cost. Remember to add this to your basket using the continue shopping option then select from the DHL Postage category.


If you would prefer your document by email please input an email address in place of a postal address in the delivery question.

Please note transcripts for Validated programmes should be obtained from the host institution.

Processing Times:

We aim to respond to all purchases from the online store within three working days, for students who studied before 1997 this may take up to 14 days as the information may need to be gathered manually from a number of sources. We will keep you informed of the progress of your purchase.

For information on delivery times please check the following websites: for UK mail and Ordinary Airmail for courier delivery and tracking

Degree Verifications for 3rd Parties

Employers or agencies

We are pleased to announce the implementation of the new Higher Education Degree Datacheck (HEDD) online verification service for employers and agencies to verify University of Hull awards. Please note that this service is only for third parties.

The system has been developed by Graduate Prospects, in consultation with universities, employers and screening agencies. Funded by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) and launched by Graduate Prospects, HEDD is now being rolled out to institutions throughout the UK.

The online candidate verification service allows registered enquirers to input data provided by applicants (name, date of birth, institution, year of graduation, qualification classification etc). In real time the service checks the information given against an encrypted dataset from the institution’s student records and verifies it if it is matched. Enquirers will be charged a small fee per enquiry.

How to register

To make an enquiry you need to register with HEDD by visiting Select ‘University of Hull’ from the list of UK higher education institutions and choose the option to ‘verify a degree award’. There is a charge of £10 per enquiry. If you require further assistance, please email

Making an enquiry

You’ll need the individual’s name, date of birth, course and qualification. For graduates you’ll also need their year of graduation and degree result.

We recommend that you ask to see the degree certificate if there is one, and use that as the basis of your verification enquiry, or ask individuals to give you their data as they believe it’s recorded in the student records system. That way you have a better chance of getting an automatic verification. If you don’t get an automatic verification, the enquiry will go to the team at Hull for manual verification, with a five working-day turnaround time.

Management information

All your enquiries are stored in the system and can be exported as an MS Excel or CSV file. You can sort your enquiries according to status:
◾Automatically verified
◾Pending – this means we couldn’t automatically verify your enquiry and you’re waiting for a response from the University
◾Not verified – where the University has responded in the negative
◾Partially verified – where the University has verified some but not all of the data, eg the wrong year of graduation has been submitted


If you have any problems or queries, please email, including your phone number if you would like a call back. Graduate prospects have conducted previous research with enquirers as well as a pilot programme, but your feedback at this stage will be critical in developing the system over the next year, as we roll out to other UK universities.