University of Hull Internships
University of Hull Internships
There are dozens of placement websites with opportunities in the UK and overseas. We have divided these into three groups:
- Those open to all – for both current students and those who have completed their course
- Those open to current and continuing students only
- Those open to graduates only.
1. Open to all – current/continuing students and graduates:
- Career Gate Hull – UK and overseas.
- TARGETjobs – UK and overseas.
- Rate my placement – search by duration, discipline, location and company.
- Fledglings – from 6 weeks to a year in the UK, Europe and USA. Specific section on London placements.
- Inspiring Interns – search internships and graduate jobs from the UK’s leading graduate recruitment agency’
- Student Ladder – summer placements and graduate opportunities
- Student Job – job portal specifically dedicated to the employment needs of students and graduates.
- Graduate-Jobs -search by sector, region and degree discipline
- iAgora – overseas, mostly in Europe, including ‘stages’.
- Intern Wise – search by location, sector, duration.
- Prospects – UK and beyond
- Step – paid summer placements and one year placements (UK wide).
- Europlacement – across Europe and beyond. Some paid, some not. Registration necessary.
- AIPT – USA and Korea, including teaching, business programmes, camp counsellors and professional experience. (Fee payable)
- Intern Options – Internships (mostly unpaid) in Australia and New Zealand. Opportunities include teaching internships, media, business and PR. (Fee payable)
- Ist Plus USA, Australia, New Zealand, Asia. (Possible fee payable, though local salary)
- Intuu China helps students and graduates gain experience through tailored internships in China in many areas from Marketing to Graphic Design to Architecture
- International Service (ICS); 12-week placements in Latin America, West Africa and the Middle East. 4 departures during the year. Contact us for more information;
- British Council Teach English in Thailand – 9 weeks summer placement
- APSCO – 10-12 summer internships
- AllAboutCareers – Finance and Law opportunities
- AllAboutLaw – Law opportunities
- WICEN – World Internships & Cultural Exchange Networks in the USA and Australia
- Blind Applying – paid internships
- Intern Avenue – wide range of top employers covering all types of industries. No matter what line of work you are interested in, Intern Avenue will find the perfect role for you. With new, exciting employers signing up all the time, we can guarantee there will be an opportunity for you!
- Travelbird Scholarship Bursary – Travelbird have just announced an opportunity to win an internship at their HQ in Amsterdam, and current students at University of Hull are now eligible to participate. The winner of the scholarship will receive a prize of € 3 ,000 and qualify for an intern position of their related studies for 3 to 6 months at TravelBird in the Netherlands. Further details available at https://travelbird.co.uk/scholarship
- Global Internship Programme – City Internships provides immersive career training programs for college students and recent graduates.
- Bolivian Express – this is an organisation which aims to strengthen ties between Bolivia and the English-speaking world through immersive work experience programmes geared towards media production
- XL Graduate Placements – specialise in placing graduates in businesses across the United Kingdom to work on short term business improvement projects.
- Placement UK – offer a variety of placement positions for undergraduate students looking to gain work experience within large or small UK businesses.
2. Current/continuing students only:
For students returning to their course in the UK after the summer vacation only. This is usually because of immigration procedures – a student who is resuming their course of study in the UK is more likely to be a temporary visitor overseas than someone who has completed their current course of study.
- IAESTE – paid experience overseas for science, engineering, technology and architecture students
- Erasmus Programme – 3-12 months for University students in Europe.
3. Graduates ONLY – i.e. anyone who has completed their course:
- Graduate Talent Pool – opportunities of varying durations for graduates across the UK.
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships – for up to 3 years for graduates, often with a chance to study for a (funded) postgraduate qualification.
- World of Skills (Placement Maker Ltd) – EU Placement programme. 4-6 month placements in Spain, France, and Italy etc. Particular emphasis on developing language skills. Further info on World of Skills (.PDF)
- Mountbatten Internships – one year in New York for graduates with a year’s work experience in their chosen occupation, e.g. Law, finance, marketing( monthly living allowance paid)
- European Training Services – work experience in Europe
- British Council Language Assistants – opportunities in China for UK graduates.
- Daiwa Scholarships – 19 month programme of language study, work experience and home-stay in Japan for UK graduates
- 5880.cn – agency with free service helping Chinese graduates to find a placement in China