University of Hull Ielts Requirement

university of hall logo

University of Hull Ielts Requirement

University of Hull Ielts Requirement

English language requirements

If your first language is not English, or you require a Tier 4 student visa to study, you will be required to provide evidence of your English language proficiency level.

Students who need a Tier 4 visa to study a pre-sessional English language course must have a Secure English Language Test (SELT) approved by the Home Office for entry to the course. Any evidence/tests that are not on the list will not be accepted from students who need a Tier 4 visa. There are some tests listed by the Home Office that we do not accept.

Applicants with EU nationality, or those who do not require a Tier 4 visa, can be considered with alternative English language proficiency evidence for degree entry.

The specific English language requirements for your subject can be found on your course page.

If you are issued with a Tier 4 CAS and then decide to take a pre-sessional English programme in the UK, or a further English language test, please be aware that our policy is to accept the most recent English test that you have taken. If the results of your latest test are lower than the English test results included in your CAS statement, we reserve the right to review your offer for degree admission.

Acceptable English language qualifications

This is the list of qualifications approved by the University of Hull for assessment of proficiency in English language for admission to on-campus programmes.

For applicants who need a Tier 4 visa no other qualifications are accepted for language evidence. However the University considers a wider range of evidence for students who do not need a Tier 4 visa and individual cases are considered at the discretion of the Dean of Faculty.