University of Huddersfield Year Abroad
Study Abroad and Exchanges
The University of Huddersfield offers a wide range of study abroad opportunities for both incoming and outgoing students. Please see below for more information:
Why Study Abroad?
There are a number of benefits to studying in another country as part of your degree programme. We have listed just a few of them below:
- Culture – opportunity to immerse yourself into another culture
- Make your CV unique – become more employable!
- Make lifelong friends – many students make friends for life through the study abroad experience
- Hone your language skills or even learn a new language
- Personal development – increase your confidence
- Broaden your mind and change the way you think – Studies suggest that studying abroad can positively influence your brain to make you more outgoing and open to new ideas.
Study Abroad (Incoming)
If you are studying at an overseas university that does not have an exchange agreement, but you wish to spend a semester or academic year at the University of Huddersfield, you can join us through our Study Abroad programme.
Erasmus+ (European Exchange) – Incoming Students
If your University has an Erasmus agreement with the University of Huddersfield, please contact your University’s Erasmus/Study Abroad contact regarding the selection process at your institution. If you are nominated by your University, you will be contacted by the University of Huddersfield with details of our application process.
Erasmus+ (European Exchange) – Outgoing Students
The University has partnerships with a number of European universities via the Erasmus+ exchange programme. If you are interested in taking part in an Erasmus+ exchange, details for outgoing University of Huddersfield students can be found on the ERASMUS web pages.
Here you will find details of all of the opportunities available, including a step by step by step guide on how to apply, who to contact and information on fees and finance.