University of Huddersfield Wellbeing and Disability

University of Huddersfield logo

University of Huddersfield Wellbeing and Disability

Wellbeing and Disability Services

Throughout your time at University, Wellbeing and Disability Services can help you look after your personal wellbeing as well as provide additional support requirements due to a disability.  We can help with things such as coping with the demands of your course, family life or perhaps a long-term health condition.

To navigate through our services, please use the icons above.

Read our newsletter Wellbeing and Disability Matters for our latest news and see Team Hud’s video at for some tips to help turn your healthy body into your healthy mind!

Need help?

You can get support via booked appointments or why not use one of our daily drop-in sessions where there is no need to book?

You can also access support through our Workshops and Groups which are free of charge.

Other ways to contact us are:  

Tel. 01484 471001
In person: iPoint reception desk, Level 4, Student Central


Disability Services

The University Disability Services provides confidential advice and guidance, with a focus on you and the support you need.

The Service works with students with a range of disabilities and long-term conditions that have a significant impact on their ability to study. This includes specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia, long-term medical conditions such as diabetes, mobility or physical disabilities or conditions, hearing impairments, visual impairments, social communication difficulties such as autistic spectrum conditions or mental health issues. Our main aim is to work alongside you to get the right support in place at the right time as we believe that nothing should stop you achieving what you’re capable of.

We appreciate that it can sometimes be difficult to discuss your disability so, we’ll give you the time you need as well as clear information about what support we can offer, who we will share the information with and why. Here are some of the things we can help you with:

  • Arrangements for an up-to-date Educational Psychologist Assessment
  • Help you apply for the Disabled Students’ Allowance
  • Offer ongoing individual support based on what you require
  • Give advice on campus facilities and accessibility
  • Co-ordinate services for people with complex needs
  • Link with accommodation providers on your behalf

More information about the ways in which we could help you please visit our Disability Services webpages. You can find details about the Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) on our fees and finance webpages.