University of Huddersfield Union
The Student Union
To put it simply, we’re a charity based on campus, run by students for students, which exists to make student life better at the University of Huddersfield. We’re funded in large part by the University, but we’re also a completely autonomous organisation. This ensures that students have an independent voice concerned only with their interests.
We’re led by five students, elected annually to serve one paid year as either President or as one of our four Officers. These are known collectively as the Officer Team, and they spend a lot of time talking to the University to fight on the issues you care about.
University of Huddersfield Student Union
What do we do?
We’re focussed entirely on engaging with and providing services for students. Things we get up to include:
- Running campaigns and lobbying the University on students’ behalf
- Training and supporting Course Reps to improve students’ academic experience
- Funding and supporting over 90 different sports clubs and student societies
- Giving students the opportunity to volunteer in the local community
- Helping students with their problems through our Advice Centre
- Running Freshers’ Week and other large events such as Varsity and the SU Awards
Much more information is contained on these webpages, as well as our annual Impact Report that we publish each year.
How can you get involved?
One of the best things about a Students’ Union is that we can’t do any of this without you – our success relies entirely on getting students involved. So why not run for our Union Council, represent your classmates as a Course Rep, join a sports club or student society, participate in a volunteering project, or even stand to be next year’s SU President?