University of Huddersfield Psychology
Psychology BSc(Hons) 2016-17
Psychology explores the role of mental processes and social behaviours, while seeking to understand the physiological and neurobiological processes that underlie certain functions and actions. It involves exploring perception, cognition, the unconscious mind, emotion, motivation, personality and interpersonal relationships.
A key feature of this course is its applied nature. You’ll be encouraged to consider how to apply psychological theories to real-world (sometimes controversial) issues and evaluate their implications.
Our teaching staff are actively involved in research and their teaching is influenced by this expertise. This course seeks to give you an invaluable insight into the nature of human behaviour that can be applied to a large number of situations, careers and further study.
Why study Psychology at Huddersfield?
- In the 2015 National Student Survey, Psychology at Huddersfield received a 91% satisfaction score.
- By achieving Lower Second Class Honours on this course, you’ll become eligible to apply for Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership with the British Psychological Society (BPS).
- You’ll experience a range of excellent facilities, which currently includes our EEG system (for monitoring brain activity), eyetracker, biopsychological testing systems and a specialist polygraph (lie detector) machine.
- 88% of graduates from this course go on to work and/or further study within six months of graduating.
Entry requirements for this course are normally one of the following:
• BBB at A Level
• 300 UCAS points (excluding CoPE) including a grade B in an A Level or a Distinction in BTEC Subsidiary Diploma.
• DDM BTEC
• An Access course with 45 Level 3 credits at Merit or above
In addition, you must have GCSE Maths at Grade C or above or Level 2 Maths or Numeracy.
If you were educated outside the UK, you are required to have International English Language Testing System (IELTS) at a score of 6.0 with a minimum score of 6.0 in writing and a minimum of 5.5 in any single component. If you have alternative qualifications or do not meet the IELTS requirement we also offer a range of Pre-Sessional English Programmes.