University of Huddersfield International

University of Huddersfield logo

University of Huddersfield International

Dear Students

We would like to take this opportunity to emphasise that you are welcome at the University of Huddersfield and that we also value the contribution that you make to our community.
The triggering of Article 50 will not lead to any immediate changes for you as current European students of the University. You will continue to pay the same fees for your degree programme as a UK student and you will not need to apply for a visa to stay in the UK.
In addition if you are an applicant for 2017/18 you will also not see any change in your current eligibility for a loan or fee status for the duration of your course (evenafter the UK leaves the EU).
If you have any questions you may wish to contact the University Finance Office or the International Office on Level 4 of Student Central.
These have provided by Universities UK (a body which represents all UK Universities) and give links to the necessary information and government announcements.

Is there any specific help for International Graduates?

There is a possibility (subject to the type of visa you hold) that a recent graduate of the University of Huddersfield can apply for permission to remain in the UK in order to start a business. This scheme is called the Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur route. Further information on this scheme is available from the International Office. We deliver workshops which explain how and when to apply for this scheme each term.

How to apply

Applying to the University of Huddersfield is a quick and easy process and we can usually give you a decision within five working days.

For your application to be successful you will need to satisfy our general entry requirements and also any specific requirements of your chosen course. We accept many overseas qualifications and you can find information on the different ones required in our country information pages.

You can apply using our:

  1. Online Application Form
  2. Downloadable Application Form (Word) or Application Form (PDF)
  3. If you are an undergraduate student from the European Union you must apply through UCAS

The quickest way to apply is using our online Application Form.

You will also need to provide us with the following information as part of your application:

  • Academic transcripts/marksheets and certificates/diplomas
  • English language test scores (IELTS, PTE, etc)
  • Personal statement/statement of purpose
  • Two references
  • Sponsorship confirmation (if your fees are going to be paid by your government or other organisation)
  • A copy of your passport and current visa if you are an international student already living in the United Kingdom
  • Portfolio for many courses in: Art, Design and Architecture and Music