University of Hertfordshire The Oval
University of Hertfordshire The Oval
The Oval Gym Membership
Our newest addition to our facilities is The Oval Gym at College Lane:
Unlimited use of:
The Oval Gym (College Lane)
Information required to set up your direct debit
- Name and Address – Where the bank account is registered
- Bank or building society ACCOUNT number
- The branch sort code for your bank or building society
- Name of account holder
Only direct debit memberships available.
|Annual||Annual Renewal**||Direct Debit||Administration Fee|
Administration Fee is only applicable to Direct Debit memberships
|Proof of enrolment to the University will need to be shown on first visit.**||Proof of enrolment to the University will need to be shown on first visit.**||Proof of enrolment to the University will need to be shown on first visit.**|
** The membership term runs continuously from the date that your identification card is activated or six weeks after the start date (whichever is sooner) until a date determined by the Membership Type.
- Discounted rates on indoor and outdoor facilities
- Member booking privileges
Important info for after you have purchased your membership online
- It takes 24hours to process your online membership. After 24hours you may use the gym once you have completed the following steps:
- View a gym induction online or alternatively you can book to attend a gym induction in-person. Please phone 01707 281182 or book in-person.
- Complete your health questionnaire and bring it to the Sports Village.
- Bring enrolment evidence to reception to activate your card.
- Take your student ID card to the Oval gym reception in order for your ID card to be activated for entrance to the facilities.
There is no separate membership card. Your student card will act as your membership card. You will need to bring with you enrolment evidence on your first visit to get your card activated.
The Oval Gym
College Lane Campus
The Oval is home to the state-of-the-art 50 station Oval Gym, available for use exclusively by University of Hertfordshire students and staff.
With a range of cardiovascular (CV) and resistance machines you will reach your goals in no time.
Free weights are available at The Oval Gym, but due to the size of the gym these are limited, however with a full membership you can access the Sports Village gym which has had a recent investment of £1.3 million on the free weights area.
Together with a £300,000 installation of new cardio and resistance kit in the Sports Village gym and The Oval Gym there is even more reason to join up and experience the interactive capabilities for yourself..
Monthly memberships available from ONLY £17.50 pcm*
*Term time only gym.
Oval Gym Opening Times – Academic Year 2016-17
Limited opening hours from 19 December 2016 – 15 January 2017:
19 – 23 December: 10:00 – 18:00
24 – 27 December: Closed
28 – 30 December: 10:00 – 18:00
31 December: 10:00 – 14:00
1 and 2 January: Closed
3 – 15 January: 10:00 – 18:00
Full opening hours from 16 January 2017:
Monday – Friday: 07:00 – 21:00
Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 – 18:00
Benefits to staff and students
- 50 station gym in The Oval on College Lane Campus.
- £1.3 million investment on improving the free weights area at Hertfordshire Sports Village.
- £300,000 installation of new cardio and resistance kit at Hertfordshire Sports Village and The Oval.
- 2 group exercise studios at Hertfordshire Sports Village.
- Free use of College Lane MUGA (multi-use games area).
- Free Tennis court hire at the Sports Village on de Havilland Campus (during off-peak hours only).
All staff memberships cover use of the facilities at Hertfordshire Sports Village and The Oval Gym (Peak Health & Fitness gives you unlimited use of both facilities whereas Off-Peak Health & Fitness gives you use of both facilities until 5:00pm Monday-Friday and anytime during the weekends).
Prices for Students and Staff
|Student Membership Prices|
|Staff Membership Prices|