University Of Greenwich Year Abroad

University Of Greenwich Year Abroad

University of Greenwich logo

The University of Greenwich has participated in Study Abroad and Erasmus+ programmes for many years enabling incoming and outgoing students and staff to benefit from experiencing new countries and cultures. We strongly encourage University of Greenwich students to go abroad during their studies and enjoy welcoming incoming students to study with us.

We have also been awarded an Erasmus Charter for Higher Education by the European Commission to take part in student exchanges and traineeships as well as staff teaching and training visits under Erasmus+ 2014-20. Our Erasmus Policy Statement sets out how the university manages Erasmus and the Erasmus Student Charter explains what Erasmus means for students. Further information can be found by clicking on the relevant sections below.

Erasmus is funded with support from the European Commission. This website reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained here.

University Of Greenwich Year Abroad

Can I go as part of my degree?

Your Erasmus+ mobility period must be recognised as part of your degree programme. In many cases you will gain credits for your mobility period. If this is not possible, your mobility will be recorded in your Higher Education Academic Record and your student transcript.

Is my programme suitable for Erasmus?

Please contact the Global Mobility Manager or your Faculty Erasmus Coordinator to determine whether your course offers an Erasmus+ opportunity.

University Of Greenwich Year Abroad

How do I apply for Erasmus?

You should begin by having a discussion with your Faculty Erasmus+ Coordinator, who will explain what options are open to you and tell you about the various partner institutions and how you can apply by the deadlines.

You will then need to complete an Erasmus+ Application Form.  If your application is accepted, your Faculty Erasmus+ Coordinator will nominate you to your chosen host institution.  You will then need to apply to the host institution directly.

Will I have to pay fees at the host institution?

No.  As an Erasmus+ student you do not have to pay tuition fees at your host institution.  You will however need to pay for your accommodation and other expenses.  You will also need to pay some or all of your fees to the University of Greenwich.  To find out more about this talk to your Erasmus Co-ordinator and with their help seek guidance on the fees payable from Student Finance.

How do I get an Erasmus+ grant?

If your Erasmus+ application is successful, your Faculty Erasmus+ Coordinator will request a grant on your behalf.  Please be aware, however, that this is a competitive process and grants are not guaranteed for every student.

If there are insufficient funds for you to be given a grant, you can still take part in Erasmus+ as a zero-grant student.  Alternatively, you might be awarded a partial grant, which would fund some but not all of your Erasmus+ mobility period.

You will be asked to sign an Erasmus+ Grant Agreement shortly before your departure.  This will set out the level of grant that you will receive, if any, as well as other terms and conditions of your Erasmus+ mobility.

What is the Learning Agreement?

The Learning Agreement is a document that is signed by you, your Faculty Erasmus+ Coordinator and the Erasmus+ Coordinator at your host institution.  It sets out the courses that you will study, or the work that you will undertake during your mobility period.  Where applicable, it will also show the number of credits that you will receive for your study or work placement.

The Learning Agreement is also used to record any changes that need to be made, for example, if your chosen courses are no longer available or there is a timetable clash.  In addition, the Learning Agreement is used to record the outcomes of your mobility period, including the results of any assessments that you have undertaken.

University Of Greenwich Year Abroad


Course enquiries

Use this telephone number and e-mail address for all enquiries about applying to become a student at the University of Greenwich – including requests for prospectuses and how to apply.

UK students

Telephone: 020 8331 9000
Fax: 020 8331 8145

International/EU Students

Telephone: +44 (0)20 8331 8136
Fax: 020 8331 8625

MPhil/PhD Students

Telephone: +44 (0)20 8331 9794