University Of Greenwich Woolwich Campus

University Of Greenwich Woolwich Campus

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: UNIVERSITY OF GREENWICH, WOOLWICH CAMPUS: ORIGINAL BUILDING, GYMNASIUM TO REAR AND CORNER ENTRANCE RANGE WITH ATTACHED RAILINGS

List entry Number: 1390637

Location

UNIVERSITY OF GREENWICH, WOOLWICH CAMPUS: ORIGINAL BUILDING, GYMNASIUM TO REAR AND CORNER ENTRANCE RANGE WITH ATTACHED RAILINGS, CALDERWOOD STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Greenwich

District Type: London Borough

Parish: Non Civil Parish

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 25-Sep-2003

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 490890

University Of Greenwich Woolwich Campus

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record – This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record – This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record – This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

786/0/10162 CALDERWOOD STREET 25-SEP-03 (Southeast side) University of Greenwich, Woolwich Campus: original building, gymnasium to rear and corner entrance range with attached railings

II

Also Known As: University of Greenwich, Woolwich Campus: original building, gymnasium to rear a nd corner entrance range with attached railings, THOMAS STREET

Polytechnic. 1890-1 incorporating mid-C19 house and with gymnasium to rear, extended 1892; all by H H Church. Major addition including corner entrance, 1916-17 by T P Figgis and A E Mumby.