University Of Greenwich GP

University Of Greenwich GP

Health and medical services

Staying in good health and leading an active, balanced lifestyle will help you make the most of your time at the University of Greenwich. But when you register with us, you will also want the reassurance of knowing that if you do fall ill, you will receive immediate help and support.

Through our health and medical services you will get all the information and advice you need on how to live healthily at university and will have access to medical treatment in the event of sickness or emergency.

University Of Greenwich GP


We strongly advise students to register with a doctor as soon as they enrol at the University of Greenwich, so that they can obtain immediate medical advice and assistance if they fall ill or have an accident.

Students who live on, or near to, the Avery Hill Campus can join the Avery Hill Medical Centre, while students on the Greenwich and Medway campuses can register with a local General Practitioner (GP) that we have a close working relationship with.

If you do fall ill while on campus or living in university accommodation, there will always be staff on duty that will help you contact your local GP or emergency services.

NHS treatment

All international students studying at the University of Greenwich for six months or longer are entitled to receive free National Health Service (NHS) treatment.

European Economic Area (EEA) Nationals studying for less than six months are also eligible for free NHS treatment provided you completed form E128 in your home country.

All other international students studying for less than six months will have to pay for any treatment other than emergency treatment. Therefore, we highly-recommend you take out medical insurance.