University Of Greenwich Degree Apprenticeships

University Of Greenwich Degree Apprenticeships

University of Greenwich logo

As a Degree Apprentice you will split your time between university study and the workplace but will be employed throughout. You get a full bachelor’s or master’s degree while earning a wage, as well as getting real on-the-job experience.

How they work

These programmes are being developed by employers, universities, and professional bodies working in partnership. They offer students the opportunity to achieve a full bachelor’s or master’s degree as part of their apprenticeship. You will receive a full time wage from your employer throughout the programme therefore Degree Apprentices’ do not require a student loan.

Degree Apprenticeships are a work-based learning option to gain a Degree. As a Degree Apprentice 80% of your programme is based in the workplace doing the role you are training for. The other 20% is designated to teaching whether that is day release to university, remote learning or independent study.

Upon completion of your Degree Apprenticeship you will receive a fully accredited degree, have no student loan debt and have valuable work experience from doing a role over the 3-4 year programme.

University Of Greenwich Degree Apprenticeships

The benefits

Employers know that Degree Apprenticeships bring unique skills, and a fresh, innovative approach to the workplace therefore are looking to seek out these individuals through an application / recruitment process.

The cost of course fees are shared between government and employers, meaning that the apprentice can earn a full degree without paying any fees. As well as being suitable for school leavers as an alternative route to gaining a degree, the new qualifications are expected to strengthen the vocational pathway and aim to help existing employees’ upskill to progress in their career and education.

According to a recent study, apprentices earn on average £100,000 more than university students due to starting work earlier and not having to pay off any debt.

Available Degree Apprenticeships

The University of Greenwich are able to offer programmes in the following areas:

  • Advanced Manufacturing
  • Automotive Industry
  • Construction
  • Digital Industry
  • Electronic Systems
  • Healthcare
  • Leadership and Management
  • Life and Industrial Sciences

How to apply

The University of Greenwich will publish vacancies whenever an employer makes a position available. Each employer will have their own recruitment process which applicants will have to apply directly through.