University of Gloucestershire Qts
Assessment only route to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
If you are a very experienced primary or secondary teacher but do not have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), this course offers an assessment only route to gaining QTS.
Since 2002 the University of Gloucestershire has been a successful provider, supporting over 1000 teachers to gain QTS. We have comprehensive and detailed documentation to support you and a team of very experienced assessors.
Our approach is a tested route to success. We provide pre-interview guidance, a comprehensive handbook, regarded by former teachers as ‘excellent’, and online and telephone support from an experienced tutor, as you develop your portfolio.
- A degree
- GCSE English and maths (+ science for primary) grade C or above, or an equivalent qualification
- To teach across two consecutive age ranges
- To teach classes which are not customarily fewer than fifteen learners
- To be able to teach learners from diverse backgrounds and across the whole ability range
- To have the full support of the Head Teacher of the school in which you are employed
Overseas trained teachers are eligible to apply for the Assessment Only Route; as long as you meet the above criteria and have already had your qualifications checked by UK NARIC.
The fees for this supported route towards QTS is £2250, with £250 payable as a pre-assessment fee and the balance of £2000 payable on registration on the assessment only route.