University of Exeter Zoology
University of Exeter Zoology, BSc
Our BSc Zoology is delivered by internationally-recognised, research active staff in the Centre for Ecology and Conservation on our Penryn Campus in Cornwall. The Centre hosts a large and thriving group of scientists who work at the cutting edge of research on whole-organism biology and run research projects across the globe, from Uganda to Australia. The degree utilises expertise in the Centre to provide you with the skills, concepts and experience to understand all aspects of modern zoology. The programme encourages an interdisciplinary approach and you will be exposed to a wide range of theoretical and practical techniques used to study the biology of animals of all types.
Why study Zoology at the University of Exeter?
- led by some of the UK’s foremost biologists working in evolution, conservation and ecology
- variety of field work opportunities in the UK and overseas
- close links with a wide range of conservation organisations
- state-of-the-art facilities in a new building
- low student-staff ratio, so you won’t get lost in the crowd
- graduate with outstanding employment prospects
- four year programme with Study Abroad available
- MSci four year programme available
Entry requirements 2018
AAB-ABB; IB: 34-32
GCE AL grade B or IB HL5 in one of the following subjects: Biology/Human Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology or Maths/Pure Maths/Further Maths. GCSE Maths at grade B.
Applicants studying one of the following BTEC Extended Diplomas will be considered without GCE AL science: Applied Science, Animal Management, Agriculture, Countryside Management, Fish management, Forestry and Arboriculture, Marine Biology
International students should check details of our English language requirements and may be interested in our Foundation programmes.
Please read the important information about our Typical offer. For full and up-to-date information on applying to Exeter and entry requirements, including requirements for other types of qualification, please see the Applying section.