University of Essex Mba
University of Essex Mba
Essex MBA study
How to apply
Find out more about our entry requirements and how to apply for your place. Applications are completed online and we’re here to answer any questions you have. Enrol for The Essex MBA today.
Experience an international MBA with Essex entrepreneurial spirit. Whether you want to run your own business or take on a leadership role in a corporation of any size, we equip you with a broad management education and develop your ability to think and act strategically so you can excel in your career.
Why is the Essex MBA unique?
- We focus on innovative entrepreneurship and sustainable international business.
- You’re based at our Colchester Campus in thriving South East England, which has a strong track record of sustainable start-up businesses.
- We draw upon our unique location, just an hour from London, to give you access to visiting speakers, field trips and business incubators.
- Our MBA is accredited by CMI (the Chartered Management Institute).
- We’re proud to be one of the few face-to-face MBA programmes with a near 50:50 split of female to male students.
- Our students and staff join us from all over the world.
- You benefit from superb learning facilities in our zero-carbon building.
- You can access our MBA Syndicate Room.
- You can benefit from study support to help you achieve your academic potential.
Our expert staff
“The Essex MBA is an international course, grounded in the entrepreneurial spirit of the South East of England. With a global cohort, students develop a detailed understanding of international issues, while the local region gives them examples of growing businesses. We create a dynamic learning environment in which students learn as much from each other as they do from faculty and visiting speakers. We’re careful about the students we select for the Essex MBA; if you think you can contribute to the learning experience of others as well as take hold of your own future, please get in touch.”Professor Nigel Pye, MBA Director
Essex Business School has close links with many leading professional bodies and industry associations.
The Essex MBA is accredited by CMI (the Chartered Management Institute), the only chartered professional body in the UK dedicated to promoting the highest standards in management and leadership excellence.
You receive a Level 7 CMI Qualification in Strategic Management and Leadership in addition to your MBA from Essex, upon successful completion of the programme. You also become a CMI Affiliate member during your studies, with your membership fee funded by Essex Business School. This gives you access to a range of exclusive benefits, including:
- CMI networking events
- the opportunity to attend lectures from top level CMI industry-expert members
- ManagementDirect, featuring business publications, CMI research, company profiles and marketing trends
- management mentoring
- Careers Development Centre, offering online advice on interview and CV skills
- access to the UK’s largest management library
- CMI online CPD system to record your continuing professional development
Industry-recognised CMI qualifications can make you more employable. They can also fast-track you into the next stage of management training to become a Chartered Manager, the most prestigious status which can be achieved in the management profession.
School accreditation plans
We’re applying for AMBA and AACSB accreditation.
Hear from our students
At Essex Business School, you benefit from a collaborative learning environment where students share their ideas and experiences. Hear what it’s like to study the Essex MBA in this video.
If you’re self-funding your studies, you could get a fee discount of up to £5,000 with our MBA Scholarship. It’s one of the many ways that we support you in your studies. Take the next step in your career today with the Essex MBA.
MBA student profiles
Our MBA students come from around the world and a wide variety of sectors. Get fresh perspectives on the challenges your business faces and new networking opportunities. Hear why they chose the Essex MBA to boost their career.
Book a place at a postgraduate event to find out about studying at a top 20 UK research university. Staff will be available to answer your questions and you can speak to students about life at Essex.
Join our lively postgraduate community of more than 350 students and work with world-leading academics. Find your perfect Masters or MBA course today and be part of a UK top 5 social sciences faculty (REF 2014).