University of Essex Food
University of Essex Food
Work for us
We are always looking for highly motivated individuals with great people skills to join our team. Check out our job vacancies for details of casual work to fit in around your studies.
Essex Food mission
We are committed to the provision and service of high quality and value for money food and beverages to our students, staff and visitors. We aim to exceed your expectations with our wide offering of hot and cold food on campus, prepared using fresh ingredients and served by our well trained, customer focused staff in a great environment.
Our promise to you
- Where taste is not affected, we will always use lower fat alternatives, for example reduced fat mayonnaise and dressings, soft cheese and yoghurt.
- Wholegrain and wholemeal bread will be available in our outlets for prepared rolls, sandwiches and baguettes.
- Decaffeinated tea and coffee will be available in all our outlets.
- Mineral water, semi-skimmed milk and 100 per cent fruit juices or smoothies will be available daily.
- We will minimise the use of salt in food preparation.
- We will always consider cooking techniques and use the healthiest alternative without affecting the taste – using grilling, baking and stir-frying in preference to deep and shallow frying where appropriate.
- Healthy options and vegetarian choices will be available daily.
- We support the use of local and regional produce within our business.
Hospitality Assured accreditation
We were proud to have been awarded with the prestigious Hospitality Assured accreditation in 2011, which is the quality standard created by the Institute of Hospitality specifically for customer facing businesses.
Catering for all
You won’t go hungry at Essex – we offer a wide choice of cafés, restaurants and bars to suit all tastes and budgets both on our campuses and close by. We aim to cater for all, including those with special dietary requirements through religion, health needs or simply lifestyle choice.
The high-quality self-catering accommodation on our Colchester and Southend campuses also offers you the chance to cook for yourself or share meals with your flatmates.
Why we are special
- A huge variety of food and drink options
- Daytime or evening, you’ll find an outlet open, 7 days a week
- Regular offers and promotions
- Options to suit all budgets
- Food available to those with special dietary needs
Essex Food Rewards
Essex Food Rewards is our new loyalty app that allows you to collect points with every purchase you make in selected outlets and use them towards your favourite treats!
Grab yourself a healthy lunch, a teatime treat or an evening meal with friends. Check out the tasty special offers now available at our cafés, restaurants and bars.
We can deliver a range of catering options to a room of your choice,
for meetings, working lunches or evening events on both our Colchester or Loughton campuses.