University of Essex Alumni
University of Essex Alumni
- The Rt Hon John Bercow MP – Speaker of the House of Commons.
- Professor Sir Christopher Pissarides – Professor of Economics at the London School of Economics and winner of 2010 Nobel Economic Prize.
- Dr Oscar Arias Sanchez – Nobel Peace Prize winner and former President of Costa Rica.
- Dr Daniel Libeskind – world-renowned architect and master-planner for the new World Trade Centre site in New York.
- David Yates – BAFTA–award-winning film and television director, and director of the Harry Potter films.
- Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury – first female speaker of Bangladesh’s Parliament.
- Blake Harrison – Neil from The Inbetweeners and graduate of East 15.
- Alison Steadman – actress with screen credits including Pam in Gavin and Stacey, Abigail’s Party, Shirley Valentine and BBC’s Pride and Prejudice.
Essex for ever
Log in or Register
You may move on…
…but your time at the University of Essex never leaves you.
We’re here to help you stay in touch, share your experiences and support the University’s work into the future.
If you’ve graduated recently, the University can also help you in your career.
We have alumni clubs for Essex Business School graduates, for alumni in Cyprus, Mexico, and Hong Kong – as well as one for staff alumni.
Need a copy of your degree certificate? Complete the online form to order a copy through our Student Documentation Ordering System.
If you need help in the job market, check out our careers pages, and for everything else, you should find what you want in the menu on the left.
Join our online community
It only takes a couple of minutes to register so you can:
- network with fellow alumni at exclusive events
- attend reunions across the world
- use our message boards
- come to the annual Alumni Weekend and
- get our annual magazine and
Our Essex Alumni Card has had a bit of an upgrade. Not only does it now come with a go-faster (blue) stripe, it also unlocks a few more doors for you than before. You still need an alumni card to come to campus-based events like Alumni Sports Weekend, but it does more…
The new alumni card can be used to borrow books from the Albert Sloman Library at our Colchester campus. Just present your card at the front desk and they will load library access onto it. For more information on alumni access to the library, visit our ‘On campus’ section*.
If you’re a member of our Colchester Evolve gym (or want to join), just present your new alumni card at reception to activate it as your gym card. One less thing to carry about!
Finally, no more long queues at alumni events – registration is just a *beep* away thanks to the barcode on your new card.
How to get an alumni card
Simply click here to submit your alumni card application online:
You’ll need to provide the following information:
- full name
- current address
- graduation year
- subject of study
- colour head and shoulders photo (.jpeg) – this can be a passport photo, a cameraphone shot or a picture of you from facebook (etc), as long as it’s a clear, colour photo of your face
If you are a recent graduate, where possible we will use your student records photo. Please tick the appropriate box on the application form. If you would prefer us not to, please upload a new photograph for us to use.
We will aim to post your alumni card to you within 10 working days.*If you want to join the Library at The Forum, Southend, you can sign up via Southend Borough Council (link).