University of Edinburgh Scholarships
We provide a single point of contact for prospective and enrolled students in finding the financial help and information they need in order to pursue their education.
The Scholarships and Financial Support Team make students aware of the many scholarships, bursaries and other funds that are available.
The Fees and Student Support Team accurately assess and record tuition fees, research costs and sponsorship details, and assess student fee status.
Our work includes:
- providing assistance for students funded by SAAS, SLC, Research Councils and other funding bodies
- administering student support and loan payments
- liaising with government funding bodies
- advising students and staff on all matters relating to tuition fees and funding
- assessing students fee status i.e. eligibility for home/EU or overseas fees
- administering the Discretionary, Childcare and Travel Funds
- certifying Canadian and US loan applications
- with the Development Office and Schools, setting up guidelines and procedures for new awards
What you can expect from us
You can expect a prompt response to queries and an acknowledgement to all written enquiries within two working days. Where a response is required, we aim to either respond within this time, or to advise when a response can be expected.
You can expect honest, objective advice, guidance and information allowing you to make an informed decision as to further action.
We aim to provide a consistent service and are committed to equitable treatment for all.
Director of Student Administrative Services
The Director of Student Administrative Services is Robert Lawrie.
The Scholarships and Financial Support Team
The Scholarships and Financial Support Team can assist with any issues relating to:
- Bursaries – the University’s main bursary schemes for UK students
- Financial Support – SAAS discretionary and childcare funds for UK students, and requests for financial assistance from overseas students
- Loans – Federal and private loans for citizens of the United States and Canada
- Scholarships – various University and externally funded scholarships across all levels and modes of study
- Travel funds – limited funds are available to enable students to make visits abroad which are considered desirable for their courses of study
The Fees and Student Support Team
The Fees and Student Support Team can assist with any issues relating to:
- Fees Status – is determined for all applicants by using nationality and country where you are “ordinary resident”. This will also determine whether the level of tuition fee that you pay e.g. Overseas, EU, Rest of UK, Scotland
- Graduate and Alumni discount – we administer the discount if you have applied
- SAAS – confirming attendance so that you get your maintenance payments and we receive tuition fee payment on your behalf
- SLC – confirming attendance so that you get your maintenance payments and we receive tuition fee payments if you have applied for a tuition fee loan. Notifying SLC of any change of circumstances
- Sponsors – creating sponsor records from documentation confirming your award to ensure that the tuition fee invoice goes to your sponsor for payment and not to you
- Tuition fees – how much you have been charged and any adjustments made if you withdraw or interrupt
Scholarships and Student Funding
Old College, South Bridge,
Edinburgh, EH8 9YL