University Of Edinburgh Microsoft Office
Microsoft’s Office 365 suite combines email, calendar, OneDrive file storage, Office Online apps and Skype for Business, as well as other collaboration products available to all University staff and students.
Log in at http://www.office365.ed.ac.uk
Get the latest Microsoft Office software
As part of the University’s Office 365 subscription, all active staff and students are entitled to install and activate up to 5 copies of Microsoft Office software on personal computers or mobile devices.
Please, do not attempt to install the following software on University-managed computers. Information Services deploys the latest versions of Office globally, and manually-installed versions may cause existing deployed ones to no longer function correctly.
Additionally, please note that this entitlement to Microsoft Office software via the University Office 365 subscription is separate to any previous offer or purchases of Microsoft Office you may have made and which are non-refundable under this new offer.
Installing Microsoft Office on personal computers (Windows or Mac)
- Sign in to your University Office 365 account at http://www.office365.ed.ac.uk
- Click on the little cog wheel icon located at the top-right of the screen
- Under the ‘My app settings’ section, select Office 365 > Settings > Software > Office
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install Microsoft Office on your computer.
- When launching one of the apps for the first time, you may be asked to sign in with your University Office 365 account using your uun in the following format: “email@example.com” (without the quotation marks)
If you have any difficulties installing Microsoft Office, the Office installation guide may help resolve the issue, otherwise please contact the IS Helpline at the details below.
Installing Microsoft Word, Excel, OneNote, Outlook and PowerPoint on Android and iOS devices
- Follow Microsoft’s setup instructions to download and set up the app(s) you require (Word, Excel, OneNote, Outlook or Powerpoint etc) from the appropriate App Store.
- When launching one of the apps for the first time, you will need to sign in with your University Office 365 account using your uun in the following format: “firstname.lastname@example.org” (without the quotation marks)
Setting up email and calendar
Details of how to set up your email and calendar in the Office applications you have installed can be found here: