University Of Edinburgh MBA
University Of Edinburgh MBA
The full-time MBA is an intensive programme designed for students with a minimum of three years’ managerial experience who wish to progress to more senior and leadership roles in business.
The programme immerses students in a world of academic thought, current business practice and applied projects.
Studied over 12 months, this is a taught programme delivered by world class faculty complemented by guest business practitioners.
Successful businesses in the future will be those that can confidently and capably steer a path through a world characterised by intense competition, rapid technological development, economic turbulence and increasing resource insecurity.
Businesses need leaders who can think and act strategically in this volatile environment, managing the risk and challenges involved, but also spotting and seizing opportunities for efficiency, innovation and new business models. Businesses also need leaders who will act responsibly in delivering value to all stakeholders.
The Edinburgh MBA will prepare participants to progress with confidence into leadership roles in this new world. We will:
- deepen participants’ understanding of how businesses and markets work, how value is created through innovation and marketing, how strategies are crafted, how businesses are financed, how performance is measured, how value is delivered efficiently and effectively, and how organisations should be governed, managed and led through change
- instil a passion for business improvement, innovation and entrepreneurial action to help participants lead in the growth or creation of new business opportunities
- develop participants’ ability to think strategically and beyond disciplinary silos
Successful leadership also requires accomplished interpersonal skills to bring about change in organisations. Through skills training and professional development, we will work with participants to understand their leadership strengths and weaknesses and provide support for improvement.
Before applying for the full-time MBA programme, please consider our minimum entry requirements, which include academic qualifications, managerial work experience and English language requirements.
Professional experience requirement
At least three years’ work experience in a managerial role.
- Experience can be from any industry, including the public sector, charitable organisations or the arts.
Minimum academic requirement
UK 2:1 honours degree from a good university in any subject, or an equivalent overseas qualification.
If you do not meet the minimum academic requirement, you may still be considered if:
- you have professional qualifications with substantial work experience; or
- you do not hold a degree or professional qualifications but you have a very strong employment record demonstrating a high degree of responsibility.
If you do not meet the minimum academic requirement, we may require you to complete the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), which is an internationally-recognised assessment of analytical, numerical and verbal reasoning. If we require you to take GMAT, we would expect a score of 600 to qualify for our MBA.
Check whether your international qualifications meet our general entry requirements:
English language requirements
If English is not your first language, you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your spoken and written English:
- IELTS: total 7.0 (at least 6.0 in each module)
- TOEFL-iBT: total 100 (at least 20 in each module)
- PTE(A): total 67 (at least 56 in each of the Communicative Skills sections)
- CAE and CPE: total 185 (at least 169 in each module)
- Trinity ISE: ISE III with a pass in all four components
Your qualification must be no more than two years old at the beginning of your degree programme.
Find out more about our language requirements: