University Of Edinburgh Festival Of Creative Learning
Welcome to the Festival of Creative Learning at the University of Edinburgh!
The Festival of Creative Learning is a year-long festival focusing on creative learning and innovation at the University of Edinburgh. It is supported by the Institute for Academic Development (IAD). Both staff and students are invited to apply to run events with the Festival.
We provide holistic support to enhance the wider impact of the Festival of Creative Learning.
We aim to:
- Recognise, celebrate and inspire creative learning at the UoE
- Help participants to gain new skills and broaden mindsets
- Support the UoE community in developing creative learning practices by providing a platform for experimentation and exploration
- Enhance the UoE experience in line with strategic learning and teaching priorities
- Develop a pipeline of innovation at UoE through encouragement, training and self-directed learning opportunities
- Explore the definitions of innovation and creativity and how they can be further embedded into the learning experience
- Cultivate the effective design and delivery of innovative and creative events
- Foster meaningful and interesting collaborations and learning communities
- Use our resources and knowledge to enhance our local and global community
Our values are:
- Openness – nurturing an open mindset and curiosity about learning
- Collaboration – creating meaningful connections
- Creativity – taking risks and implementing original ideas
- Mindfulness – celebrating thoughtful and holistic ways of working
- Experimentation – building and prototyping ideas in a supportive environment
Do you think we could improve our aims and values? Contact us if you have any suggestions.
The central team consists of 2 full-time projects & engagement staff based in the IAD office.
This year (2016/17) the Festival consists of events and activities running throughout the academic year, along with a curated, week-long programme of events which took place on 20th – 24th February 2017.
If you would like to get involved in running innovative and creative events, or if you have any questions about pop-up events, please contact us.