University of East Anglia Online Store
University of East Anglia Online Store
Privacy and Cookies for the Online Store at UEA
UEA has made every endeavour to ensure the security and integrity of personal information. Payment details are encrypted whenever transmitted or received online. Personal information is only accessible by staff designated to deal with receiving online payments. Access to this information is controlled using usernames and passwords.
The information we collect
We gather various pieces of information when you use the Online Store. Listed below is the information we may collect when you place an order through the Online Store:
- Your name and billing address: This information is essential in processing your payment.
- Your delivery address: When goods purchased on the Online Store are to be delivered you will be asked to provide a delivery address for this purpose.
- Other relevant personal information: If you are booking a place at a conference or event through the Online Store, the conference organisers may ask you to provide other relevant information e.g. details of any dietary requirements or allergies.
How we use your information
We use the information you provide in a number of ways:
- To successfully process your order.
- To process a refund. We retain details of orders made through the Online Store so that we can easily and securely make refunds if necessary.
- For event administration. If you have booked a place at an event through the Online Store, the event organisers will use the information you provide for event administration and organisation purposes.
- To communicate with you. If there is a problem with an order that you have placed through the Online Store, or the organisers of a conference or event need to provide you with additional information we will use the contact details
- To inform you about events that you may be interested in. Occasionally organisers of academic events will contact attendees of a previous event in order to provide details of a forthcoming event which may be of interest.
Who has access to your information
The information you provide through the Online Store is in general only accessible by members of staff at UEA. In addition only staff who work in a department directly related to your order will have access to your information.
Certain academic conferences are organised and run by individuals or groups which are not part of UEA. In such a situation we will allow conference organisers access to your information in order that the conference can be organised successfully.
We do not share your information with any advertisers and do not use the Online Store to generate mailing lists for e-mail marketing purposes.
In exceptional circumstances, the University may also release personal information to appropriate authorities if a release is required by law, or regulation; or if our records indicate an individual may be involved in fraudulent behaviour.
We work with a number of third parties in order to provide the Online Store online store, and process payments online.
WPM Education Ltd is a third-party company which provides and hosts the Online Store.
The information you provide when using the Online Store is stored within databases on WPM Education’s servers, which are located within the UK.
WPM Education hold this information solely for the purpose of allowing the University of East Anglia to run the the Online Store. WPM Education do not use your information or share it with any other organisations.
In order to process payments online we work with WorldPay (UK) Ltd, a third-party company. We provide WorldPay with the following information solely for the purpose of processing card payments:
- Your name
- Your card billing address
- Your credit or debit card details
WorldPay only use this information to process card transactions. WorldPay do not share your information with any other organisation or use it for any purpose other than processing card transactions.
Cookies set by the Online Store.
Strictly necessary cookies
The following cookies are set by the Online Store when you visit the site and are essential to providing the online store functionality. You must accept these cookies to make use of the Online Store.
|Cookie||Cookie name||Data stored||Expires||Description|
|WPM Store||WPM_Store||A random string of letters and numbers||After 20 minutes of non-activity.||This cookie is used to follow your interaction with the Online Store, and maintain your shopping basket|
|Store Session||WPM_Store_Session||A random string of letters and numbers||20 minutes after first accessing the site||This cookie is used to follow your interaction with the Online Store.|
|Company ID||CompanyID||A random string of letters and numbers||20 minutes after first accessing the site||This cookie is used to follow your interaction with the Online Store, and ensure the correct store details are displayed.|
|Session ID||ASPSESSIONID||A random string of letters||
The cookie is deleted when you close your web browser.
|A session cookie is required to follow your progress through the website. It is essential to ensure that any information you enter or routes you take are remembered by the website.
Without this cookie, every page you visited would treat you as a completely new visitor.
Performance cookies – Google Analytics
As with other University of East Anglia sites we also use Google Analytics to monitor visitor behaviour and the use the Online Store, and to make improvements. Google Analytics sets cookies which collect anonymous information on the pages visited.
As with the rest of the UEA website, when first visiting the Online Store you will be asked whether or not you are willing to accept cookies from Google Analytics.
- You do not have to accept Google Analytics cookies in order to use the Online Store.
- The choice you make regarding Google Analytics cookies on the Online Store applies only to the store.uea.ac.uk site. Other UEA sites use Google Analytics and you should refer to their own Privacy and cookies statement for more information on how they set cookies.
The University reserves the right to change, modify or amend this policy at any time.