University of East Anglia Lake
There are several different routes you can approach the lake from. On this occasion we parked our car on Colney Lane, not far from the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital.
UEA lake walk
- Location: University of East Anglia, which is located between Cringleford, Colney and Earlham, Norwich. Norfolk
- Approx distance from Norwich:- 4 miles (by road)
The kids like to feed the ducks on the lake, so we came prepared with a few slices of Hovis ready to distrubute to the hungry critters. There weren’t many to be found on this occasion but that is not normally the case.
Ambling around the lake is certainly an enjoyable walk, and at 1.5 miles it is a mild workout.
Many people choose to walk their dogs around the lake, so it was nice for my 3 year old to say “hi” to some of the friendlier dogs (even though they had been for a swim in the lake and were filthy!)
Fishermen enjoy coming to the UEA lake too, and there are many designated platforms around the lake for anglers, but it will be permit holders only who are allowed to do so.
- Lake (swimming is not permiitted)
- Duck feeding
- Fishing (permit required from UEASAAC)
- Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts (art collection and coffee shop)
- UEA (bar, shop, cafe, LCR venue)
- Sports Park (including squash, 5-a-side football, athletics, swimming, climbing, gym, karate, badminton)
University of East Anglia
Norwich Research Park
Telephone UEA Main Switchboard number: 01603 456161