University of East Anglia Engineering
University of East Anglia Engineering
Engineering at UEA is built on great links with industry, exciting research and diverse teaching.
We’re based at the heart of East Anglia’s booming energy sector which gives our students incredible opportunities to meet employers, secure placements and visit major engineering sites. Also on our door step are a wide range of mechanical and manufacturing companies in supply chains for automotive and aviation engineering from Lotus and Zenos to KLM UK Engineering.
We’ve got an exceptional record in graduate employment as a result, and our SELECT Sponsorship Scheme gives you the chance to find funding and work experience while you’re studying.
What can you study?
All of our undergraduate engineering courses have a common first year so you can choose your own path once you’ve got to know the subject – whether you want to focus on Energy, Mechanical, Electronic and Electrical, or maintain a multidisciplinary approach.
Our specialist degrees in Energy Engineering with Environmental Management make the most of our strong support from the East of England Energy Group (EEEGR). You’ll become an expert in energy technology and environmental awareness, with the skills to enter a sector that’s currently experiencing phenomenal growth, needing highly skilled graduates to fill thousands of jobs.
We’re accepting applicants now, so view the course page to find out more and explore all our undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
From graphene to climate change
We’ve got a hugely multidisciplinary approach to engineering research, which brings together academics from many of our highly respected Schools – including Environmental Sciences, Mathematics and Biological Sciences – to explore a wide range of topics.
Thanks to our unique academic makeup, we’re experts in sustainability, energy materials and climate change as well as biofuels, business, electronics, fluid dynamics, marine energy and computational optimisation.
Latest News: See what our students have been doing
What we can offer you
- As well as our specialist degrees in Energy Engineering, we’re now offering general degrees in Engineering that allow you to train in mechanical and electronic and electrical. We teach with your future in mind, incorporating practical workshops, field visits and assessment in business skills.
- We’re members of the East of England Energy Group (EEEGR), and we’ve developed all our Energy Engineering degree programmes in partnership with them to provide the best possible training for your future career – from site visits and case studies to placements and on-site lectures.
- Our SELECT Scheme gives you the chance to land a summer placement in your first year and sponsorship of up to £1,800 per year for the rest of your degree.
- We are Learning Affiliates of the Energy Institute which provides you with free membership, and much more to support you in your progression towards professional recognition of your qualifications. Our MSc degrees have been accredited by the Energy Institute as suitable further learning towards chartered status. Read more
- We are Academic Partners of the Institution of Engineering and Technology who offer free membership to our engineers and computing scientists.
As our Engineering courses fall within the School of Mathematics, these links will connect you to the School of Mathematics site. To navigate back to Engineering simply click “Back” or use the “Engineering” link at the bottom of each page.
If you’re a current undergraduate student at UEA who wants to pursue postgraduate study with us, we can offer you 10% and 50% scholarships. Discover why it pays to get a first
If you’re generally looking to apply for postgraduate study at our pioneering British university, there’s scholarship and funding options available to you now. Explore School-specific funding options
Find out more at one of our Postgraduate Events – sign up for an open day or one of our lunchtime sessions, or simply visit us for a campus tour.