University of dundee internships
Internship Graduate Certificate GradCert
The Internship Graduate Certificate (IGC) is a highly distinctive programme which combines a high quality internship with intensive career management learning
The course offers an exceptional opportunity to boost your employability – whether you want to break into graduate employment for the first time, are seeking ways to further develop your career path or are looking to gain experience to help you make a career change.
The course can help you to gain that vital experience necessary for so many jobs and will also equip you with the practical employability skills needed to manage your own career now and into the future.
The course is designed to help you to critically apply, consolidate and review knowledge, skills and practical experiences gained through a work-based learning experience to enhance your employability. Through completing this course you will:
- Better understand your own career options, theories and decision making processes.
- Articulate your transferable skills and reflect on areas for development.
- Develop advanced commercial and opportunity awareness.
- Improve your professionalism, communication, team work and presentation skills.
- Understand employer requirements.
How you will be taught
During the initial 4-week Preparation and Planning module you will participate in:
- Practical and discussion based classes
- Online and self-directed learning
You will also receive on-going one to one and group support and tuition throughout your internship placement.
How you will be assessed
Assessment is by continual assessment; there are no exams for this course.
You will be assessed through:
- Practical assignments
- Written work
- Group work
All applicants should have, or expect to gain by the beginning of the programme:
- A minimum of an Ordinary Degree or equivalent from a recognised institution
- If your first language isn’t English, then you need to demonstrate you have a good command of the English Language, with an IELTS score of 6.5 and above. Please check our Language Requirements page for details of equivalent grades from other test providers, and information about the University of Dundee English Language courses.
Applicants should note:
- Due to UK Government restrictions on the length of time international students can participate in work experience, this programme is NOT currently open to International Students Visa holders. As such, this programme is only open to international candidates who have a right to remain and work in the UK for the duration of the programme.
English Language Requirement
English Language Programmes
We offer Pre-Sessional and Foundation Programme(s) throughout the year. These are designed to prepare you for university study in the UK when you have not yet met the language requirements for direct entry onto a degree programme.