University of dundee finance

By | 22nd May 2017

University of dundee finance

Finance Office

   The Finance Directorate is responsible for the management of the University’s financial affairs. It contributes to the strategic direction of the University and provides financial advice and support to the senior management team and Court.

The Directorate supports and advises both school and professional service management teams. It also delivers services relating to; student finance; customer credit control; supplier and staff payment; research finance; payroll; treasury and banking; taxation, VAT and other taxes; and insurance.

The services provided by Finance are:

How to Buy Goods

Information about how to buy goods and who to buy from can be found on the Procurement website.

University of dundee finance

The Insurance section of the Finance Office has “executive” responsibility for the Insurance Policies held by the University.

The operational effectiveness of the policies is reviewed regularly in liaison with the University’s insurance broker (Henderson Corporate of Leeds). The brokers are appointed following an open tendering exercise. Policies are reviewed annually by the Committee.

Inventory of items

All Departments of the University are required to keep an inventory of items of equipment and other assets under their control.

The Finance Office maintains an equipment asset register, based on returns submitted by departments, reconciled to capitalised elements in the annual accounts. A register of properties and the associated deeds are also controlled by the Insurance section.

Business Travel & Personal Accident Insurance

University employees (and their School or Directorate) are expected to make sure that they have appropriate travel and personal accident/emergency health insurance cover when they travel outside the UK on university business. Within the UK, it is advisable that flights, ferry journeys and overnight stays away from home are also covered.

Those relying for cover on their personal travel or agency provided insurance should check that their policy includes ‘Business’ Travel and Personal accident/ Emergency health treatment cover when abroad.

How to arrange for University Insurance

University of dundee finance

Vehicle Insurance

Find out how to become insured to drive a university owned or hired vehicle.

The University’s Vehicle Insurance Policy does not provide insurance cover for the use of vehicles owned by members of staff when used on University business or for private or personal use or hired cars for personal use.  In such circumstances, staff should check with their insurers that their policies provide adequate cover for business use.

Motor Insurers often provide additional cover for “business use” at little or no extra cost, dependant on their assessment of the additional risk involved. It is important that members of staff explain to their insurers the frequency and sort of journeys undertaken. (Estimates of annual business mileage may assist).

The phrase “social, domestic and pleasure purposes” in motor insurance policies is usually understood to include travel to “your usual place of work”.

Vehicle Documents:

Contact Details