University of Derby Ultrasound
University of Derby Ultrasound Course, Objectives
To provide the theoretical background for Emergency Medicine trainees to become competent at Level 1 ultrasound scanning techniques as set out by the College of Emergency Medicine curriculum.
This course is approved for 11 College of Emergency Medicine CPD points.
Recommended for trainees in Emergency Medicine.
Places are limited to 16 applicants so early applications are advised.
The Level 1 Ultrasound course is run over 2 consecutive days.
Candidates will rotate through a series of lectures and practical sessions across the two days. On completion of the course candidates will be expected to keep a log of their supervised practice according to College of Emergency Medicine Ultrasound training guidelines.
Candidates are subject to a course fee of £350, which includes course materials and daytime catering.
To book a place on this course please email including course title in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please NOTE the course for 15-16th Nov 2016 is now full.
Why choose this course?
- This is a challenging, yet rewarding programme of study offering you the opportunity to develop the high level skills required of an autonomous ultrasound practitioner
- We offer a highly flexible part-time pathway that will appeal to a wide range of health care professionals who wish to develop ultrasound skills as an extension of their scope of practice
- You can choose to study our innovative full-time, fast-track pathway designed for science and health related graduates wishing to explore a career in this exciting and rapidly expanding area of diagnostic imaging. Our fast track students will gain an MSc in just two years
- You’ll receive high quality teaching from friendly, supportive and enthusiastic staff, who are clinically and research active
- You’ll engage in practice based learning in a clinical environment with expert mentor support.