University of Derby Sports Centre
The University of Derby Sports Centre was completed in summer 2015 and is located at the front of the University’s main campus on Kedleston Road.
The £10.8million multi-purpose, state-of-the-art Sports Centre provides superb health and fitness facilities to our students, staff and other selected partners, organisations and community groups.
Our facilities include:
- Multi-purpose Sports Hall
- Fitness Suite (Fitness Studio, Spinning Studio and Fitness & Dance Studio)
- Strength, Conditioning and Performance Suite
- Climbing and Bouldering Wall
- Squash Courts
- Education and Training Rooms
- Changing Facilities
The Centre has been built to a BREEAM (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method) standard, widely used as a method to assess buildings’ sustainability, reaffirming the University’s commitment to protecting the environment.
There has never been a better time to study sport at Derby.
Our fantastic new £10.8 million sports centre opened in September 2015 and is fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities that include:
- 8 Badminton Court Sports Hall (which also accommodates basketball, netball, futsal, volleyball, dodgeball, 5-a-side football)
- 70 Station Fitness Suite / Gym
- Dedicated Fitness Studio
- Studio Cycling Space
- 2 Squash Courts
- Climbing Wall
- 3G Pitches
- Outdoor Tennis Courts
Membership Information (PRICE FREEZE)
|Full Student Annual Membership||£15.00 per month*|
|Full Staff Annual Membership||£18.00 per month*|
*Based on annual membership. Full payment for annual memberships is required upon joining.
Monthly direct debit memberships and PAYG options are also available. Terms and conditions apply.
Speak to a member of staff to find out more.
|Monday – Friday||6.30am until 10.00pm|
|Saturday and Sunday||9.00am until 5.00pm|