University of Derby Office 365
University of Derby Office 365, Office 2016 for PC
|What you get||System Requirements|
32-bit Office can be installed on 32-bit or 64-bit operating system.
However 64-bit Office can only be installed on 64-bit operating system.
To find out if you have 32-bit or 64-bit Windows, click the start button, right click Computer, then click Properties. Under System Type you should see either 32-bit or 64-bit operating system.
Computer and Processor
2GB RAM (64-bit) recommended for graphics features.
Outlook Instant Search and certain advanced functionality.
|Download and Help Guide Links|
|Help-guides available at: Microsoft Support|
For instructions on how to download MicroSoft Student Advantage.
Guarding your privacy, Keeping your passwords safe
Passwords are like keys: they grant access to important places, like your bank account, computer, email or a server on a network. Passwords also help prove you are who you say you are and ensure your privacy.
If passwords are guessed or stolen, someone logging in under your name can cause serious damage, including exposing financial, medical or other personal or sensitive information.
Password confidentiality can be achieved by:
- Having a strong password that is commensurate with the risk if exposed
- Always use different passwords for University accounts from other non-university access (e.g., personal email account, ebay, etc.)
- Never telling anyone your password or even hinting at it, not even friends, colleagues, system administrators, and account managers
- Picking passwords you can remember and don’t need to write down
- Logging out of a system that requires a password when stepping away from it, especially in a public area
- Using a temporary password when using a public computer to access confidential information
- Ignoring requests by websites to “remember” your password
- Not inserting your password into email messages
- Do not reveal a password on questionnaires or security forms