University of Derby Medical Practice
You are able to book appointments in a number of ways via:
- Online with a computer/tablet or smart phone by clicking the link Access to online services. To book appointments online you need to have registered for online access to the surgery. To request online access please complete the Online Request Form and take (in person) to reception with proof of your address and photo ID.
- Telephone the surgery on 01332 667 911. Telephone lines are open for 8.30am until 6pm Monday – Friday. (University of Derby Patients please select option 1 when calling)
Please note all calls from landlines will be charged at local rate. Call costs from mobiles may vary depending on your package, please check with you provider.
- In person our reception is open from 8am until 6.30pm Monday – Friday
- Please note Borrowash surgery closes on a Wednesday at 1pm
- University of Derby please click on the link *** to view the most up to date opening times as these may vary depending on term time.
If the practice has your current mobile number on record you will receive an appointment reminder via text message. You will also be able to cancel your appointment via text message. (Please click **** to see the rules for cancelling your appointment.
Please ensure that your personal details are kept up to date for our records. If any of your details change please tell us straightaway, as we may need to contact you urgently.
About the appointment
- Appointments with the doctors are normally 10 minutes. If you have more than one problem, you will need to book two seperate appointments.
- Please prioritise the issues you want to discuss during your appointment. This will ensure that we deal with the most important issues first.
- If you require a chaperone to be present, during your consultation, please inform reception when booking your appointment or when checking in.
- If you think there is a possibility you have a contagious disease, please inform reception, when booking the appointment and we will seat you away from the main waiting area, as there may be immunocompromised patients waiting.
- Patients attending 5 or more minutes late for an appointment, may be asked to re book
- If you have long-term health problems we encourage you to see the same doctor wherever possible.