University of Derby Library
What we can offer you at all of our Libraries
University of Derby Library, Support for using our resources and research
- Help and advice in researching information for your studies
- Books, journals, DVDs, and reference materials to support your course studies
- Online access to e-books, e-journals and other information
- Open access computers with Office applications, email, internet and specialist software
- Photocopiers, scanners, and DVD players
- Accessibility equipment such as screen readers, text magnifier, specialist software and overlays
- IT and Study Skills guides and help through the IT Study Advisor Scheme
Britannia Mill Library
- Rare books collection – the collection includes old and valuable books and journals, a large collection of artists’ books and items which may be too delicate to store on the open shelves. All of the items can be used by staff or students in the Library. Please ask staff at the counter if you would like to take a closer look
- Study rooms which can be booked by small groups
- Zoned areas for silent or group work
- Silent study reference rooms
- Bookable Group Study Room with fixed PCs and large screen monitor for presentation practice.
- A total of 75 fixed PCs for student use in the Library and 78 loanable laptops for use anywhere on campus.
- Additional study spaces throughout the Library.
- Silent Study Room with 12 fixed PCs and 5 study spaces.
- 10 laptops available to HE students for overnight loan.
- The Careers + Employment Service are co-located in the Library.
- Classroom, Audio Visual and Media Support
Kedleston Road Library
The Library is centrally situated off the Atrium
There are PCs and photocopiers on every floor. Below is an outline of the resources on each floor. If you need more detailed directions please ask.
Lower Ground Floor
- Law collection (including books with shelf marks 340-349)
- Printed journal back issues
- Flexible Learning Zone
- Parent and Child Study Room
- Study Skills Service Office (enquiries about the Study Advisor Scheme)
Upper Ground Floor (entrance floor)
- Service desks
- Newspapers and current journals
- The Vault – quick reference, restricted loan and reservation pick up
- Quick access PCs
- Group study rooms
- Career Development Centre
- Loan collection (books with shelf marks 001-339, 350-629)
- Subject Librarians’ offices
- Seminar Room (L102)
- Local Collection
- School Practice Collection
- Loan collection (books with shelf marks 630-999)
- Silent study space
- Silent reference room