University of Derby Institute For Innovation in Sustainable Engineering
University of Derby Institute For Innovation in Sustainable Engineering, The Institute for Innovation in Sustainable Engineering (IISE) is the University’s latest investment to support advanced manufacturing and engineering companies in our region.
Working with industrial partners and supported by Rolls Royce, Toyota and Bombardier, we achieve cutting-edge solutions to challenges SMEs are facing.
Work with us and you gain access to our knowledge and expertise, as well as the very latest technological resources. This includes machinery and equipment supplied by our partners DMG Mori Seiki, Renishaw, Eley Metrology, World Viz and Creat3d, to name but a few. These resources are available to help you test new products or processes and to drive innovation.
Our core themes and areas of specialism include:
- advanced manufacturing strategy and systems
- sustainable design and innovation in products and manufacturing processes
- control and instrumentation for products and processes
- embedded systems for commercial and industrial applications
- sustainable rail transport infrastructure
- energy and the environment.
At the same time, research undertaken at IISE feeds into postgraduate programmes at the University, introducing practical innovation to the curriculum and inspiring the next generation of engineers.
Helping your business to innovate
The Institute is a place where you can access knowledge, funding, expertise and technology to help you to research, develop products and processes, and drive innovation in your business.
We recognise that companies who want to innovate, and those who can do so with sustainability in mind, are more likely to grow. We want to work with companies who have this ambition.
We can help you to identify projects relevant to your business and industry, pull together multi-disciplinary teams to develop projects, and access the innovation, research and development funding which can unlock innovation potential.
Examples of how we can work together include:
- Time2Innovate – a new fund to enable SMEs in the cities of Derby and Nottingham, and the Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire counties, to access funding and expertise to support research and innovation.
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships – funding to access cutting edge technology and equipment, highly qualified academics, and a dedicated, recently graduated individual to work on a project central to your strategic business needs.
- Research projects, of any size, using the latest technology, equipment and expertise at the Institute.
Get in touch to discuss how we can work together:
Call 01332 593535