University of Derby Foundation Year
Degrees with foundation year
University of Derby Foundation Year, If you have the ability to study for a degree, but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to enter directly on to our bachelors degree programme, you can choose a four year course including a foundation year stage.
Introducing you to your chosen subject and providing you with the skills and knowledge you need, a University of Derby degree with foundation year is continuous, so you won’t need to apply again to complete your full BA or BSc degree.
We offer degrees with foundation year across a range of subjects. Search for a course.
Entry requirements for the University of Derby are specific to each of our foundation levels subjects. Search for the course you’re interested in and then look at the entry requirement information.
We’ll look at any relevant qualifications and experience you already have when making a decision about your application.
We appreciate that a University degree is a significant investment and therefore commit to being open and transparent as to what is included within your course fee. At the University of Derby we include as much as we possibly can in the fee:
- All mandatory study trips.
- Initial DBS checks for all relevant courses.
- Certain courses include within the fee additional ‘extras’ relevant to that course. Examples may include uniforms, specialist kit / equipment, books, and print credits. Such instances will be highlighted on the relevant course information page.
- There will inevitably be additional costs you incur wherever you choose to study, in order to maximise your learning experience. These will vary by course but might include, for example, non-mandatory study trips, additional kit / equipment and travel expenses for work placements. The course leader (listed on the relevant course information page) will be able to provide more information as required.
- All our courses benefit from access to core textbooks through our library, a modern learning environment, and academics recognised as being in the Top 20 nationally for teaching quality by the the Times and Sunday Time Good University Guide 2017.
You can find out more about fees relevant to you on the following pages:
- Fees for undergraduate UK/EU students at the University of Derby
- Fees for undergraduate international students at the University of Derby
- Fees for part-time students at the University of Derby
Got a question?
Student Records and Fees Unit team
T: 01332 591063
We’re available to answer your questions Monday to Thursday 9.00am-5.00pm, Friday 9.00am-4.30pm.
Student Money Advice and Rights Team helpline
T: 01332 592000
We’re available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 10am-11am and 1pm-2pm.
If you have any queries or questions about studying with us, please get in touch.
T: 01332 591167