University of Derby Estates Department
University of Derby Estates Department, The Estate Department provides a high quality service to enable the delivery of a state-of-the-art learning environment for students and the business community within the context of the Estates Strategy.
In this context, the ‘estate’ comprises all freehold, leasehold and joint venture land and buildings occupied as part of the University business.
The Estate Management department aims amongst other things to:
- Provide a quality professional service at all times.
- Influence, direct and deliver the overall estate strategy.
- Deliver projects on time and to budget.
- Ensure that the estate is safe, functional, high quality, efficient and adaptable to changing needs.
- Lead in innovative and appropriate design development and environmental solutions within a business context.
- Explore and promote corporate estate opportunities.
- Ensure that the University meets, as a minimum, its statutory environmental obligations whilst delivering an effective business case.
- Assist Colleges and departments in the adoption of a corporate environmental business approach.
- To work with all other departments to ensure that the integrity of the estate is maintained and our statutory obligations are met.
Welcome to your security team; our highest priority is the safety and wellbeing of our students, staff and visitors and our team aim is to create and maintain a safe, secure, and pleasant environment in which to, study, work or to visit by providing a professional and quality security service where the customer is the main focus.
Our team delivers a wide range of services to all sites 24 hours a day 7 days a week which include:
- High visibility mobile and foot patrolling of all sites thereby deterring crime and providing a reassuring presence
- Pro-active crime prevention activities including offering campaigns and crime prevention surveys
- Advice on security related matters
- Recording and investigation of all crime and incidents
- Controlling access
- Management of a comprehensive CCTV system
- Management of emergency incidents such as fire alarm activations
- Managing car parking