University of Derby Bursary
Bursary information for 2017/2018
Bursary information for 2017/2018 will be confirmed shortly.
The University of Derby Bursary provides targeted financial assistance with the costs of higher education to those who are eligible*. The Bursary is available to new undergraduate students entering higher education for the first time from September 2016 onwards**.
Eligible students will receive up to £1,000 per academic year (£900 as a cash award plus a £100 study resource card for Blackwell’s Bookshop).
Bursaries are assessed on household income and are paid direct to you (in instalments).
|£0 – £25,000||£1,000 (£900 plus £100 Blackwell’s card)|
|£25,001 – £36,592||£600 (£500 plus £100 Blackwell’s card)|
You will receive the maintenance (cash) element of your bursary in three instalments (you can use the money to reduce any of your expenses associated with studying).
You will receive your £100 Blackwell’s card as part of your first instalment. Details on how to collect your card will be included in your bursary award email.
You can receive a Bursary if:
- You are entering Higher Education for the first time (after 1 September 2016)
- You are studying full-time on an eligible undergraduate course
- You are being charged the full-time tuition fee
- Your assessed household income is within the above limits
* Overseas students, EU Students, NHS funded students, postgraduate students, part-time students, online students, PGCE students and students studying professional courses are not eligible for support.
** Students who commenced study prior to 1 September 2016 (or have undertaken any period of HE study prior to 1 September 2016) are not eligible for support
How do I apply?
You do not need to make an application for the University of Derby Bursary. Entitlement is assessed automatically using the household income details given to the University by your Funding Authority (i.e. Student Finance England / Wales / Northern Ireland / SAAS).