University of Derby Apprenticeships
University of Derby Apprenticeships, An apprenticeship is a way of learning while you are in employment; allowing you to build up the theory needed to gain your qualification along with the skills required to do the job.
Here at the University of Derby we offer apprenticeships in subject areas including digital and technology, cybersecurity, aerospace engineering, and nursing from levels 2- 6. While we currently do not offer any level 7 apprenticeships we are interested in developing these with employers.
So whether you’re looking for the next step after completing your GCSEs or would like an alternative route to achieving your degree – you can do it all at Derby.
The following degree apprenticeships will be available at the University of Derby from September 2017:
- Aerospace Engineer: BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering (Aerospace)
- Degree Apprenticeship Civil Engineering Site Management: BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering Site Manager
- Degree Apprenticeship Civil Engineering Design: BEng (Hons) Civil and Infrastructure Engineering*
- Degree Apprenticeship: BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions (Cyber Security Analyst) – Integrated Degree
- Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship: BA (Hons) Leadership & Business Management
- Nursing Degree Apprenticeship: BSc (Hons) Nursing*
What do apprenticeships offer?
Apprenticeships should be designed to help your employees develop the skills and knowledge that is directly relevant to your business. This should include:
- An exciting package that attracts a high calibre of prospective employees/upskills your existing workforce
- Assessments that are both relevant to your business sector and endorsed by approved professional standards
- A “Grow Your Own” workforce that is productive, innovative and efficient and is instilled with your individual business culture and working environment
- An honours level education hand-in-hand with relevant work experience
- Full use of Government funding to support your apprenticeship training in the form of government contributions and incentive payments, if applicable