University Of Cumbria View
BaxterStorey are the proud caterers for the university. All outlets offer a wide range of hot food and premier beverages, providing a first class service.
The University of Cumbria is committed to a Fairtrade policy, offering better prices, decent working conditions, local sustainability, and fair terms of trade for farmers and workers in the developing world.
The University Fairtrade Steering Group has created a policy incorporating the following goals:
- Fairtrade foods are made available for sale in all campus shops.
- Fairtrade foods are used in all cafés/restaurants/bars on campus. Fairtrade products are currently used extensively across the UoC, with products for sale in the catering outlets and as part of recipes
- Fairtrade foods are served at all meetings hosted by the university and the SU
- There is a commitment to campaign for increased Fairtrade consumption on campus
- We are proactive in promoting Fairtrade throughout the year but in particular supporting Fairtrade Fortnight each year with competitions and prizes