University Of Cumbria Printing
University Of Cumbria Printing Service description
All university computers are linked to a printer with most linked to printers that also photocopy and scan (Multi-functional Devices or MFDs). Full details of the functionality of MFDs can be obtained from Facilities Management.
The printing facility is a chargeable service and the charging software is called PCounter. This software is implemented and supported by IT Services.
Students: How to pay
You’ll need some credit on your Cumbria card first. To add credit to your Cumbria Card, insert it in an Autoloader (printing credit machine) and follow the instructions. All new students start with a £1 credit after which you’ll need to use an Autoloader to add some more.
Finding an Autoloader
You can add credit to your Cumbria Card at the following locations:
- Ambleside: Charlotte Mason Building
- Carlisle (Fusehill Street): outside the security office, Bowscale
- Lancaster: Harold Bridges Library entrance foyer
- Penrith: Room CCL010 on the ground floor of the library.
Want to check your credit balance?
Log on to a university computer.
- Hover, with your mouse, over the black £ icon on the bottom right side of the screen. A pop-up box appears, displaying your credit balance.
- At Brampton Road: the icon is on the top right of the screen.
If you want to print from a device that is not a university computer, then you can use use the EveryonePrint system.
The system allows staff and students to use email to send documents to the university’s MFDs.
You can use your Cumbria Card to collect your documents from any university printer – full details of how to use the service can be found on the website.
We also have an on site print unit to provide a full range of printing, copying and finishing work.