University Of Cumbria Onedrive
Your UoC OneDrive provides a place in the cloud where you can store, share, and sync your university files. You can update and share your files from any device with UoC OneDrive and you can even work on Office documents with others at the same time.
(For existing students this replaces Your Files. Your Files will still be available until the end of December 2016, so if you have any files you want to transfer you can easily upload, or drag and drop. Click here to watch a How-To video and if you need any help, or have any questions, please contact the IT Service desk)
How to Access your UoC OneDrive
The easiest way to access your UoC OneDrive is through the student hub. Once connected just click on the OneDrive tile.
You can also access OneDrive by logging on to your University Office 365 account
Uploading new or existing files to UoC OneDrive
You can add new files, or upload existing files to your UoC OneDrive. Click here to find out more about uploading files.
To save a file to UoC OneDrive on campus
- Open the file you want to use
- Choose File – Save As.
- Select Browse
- Scroll down to Computer, and then select Personal – OneDrive (P)
- Specify a name for the file, and then choose Save.
To save a file to UoC OneDrive off campus
- If you are working off campus on your personal device you will usually be working within Office 365.
- Simply click on the file from within your OneDrive document library. It will open in an online version of the software.
- Click the edit document button in the top right of the screen
- You will be asked if you want to edit in the full version of Word or in browser.
- If you have the full version of Word on your personal device then select the Edit in Word option.
- If you want to work in the browser choose Edit In Browser. You will notice that there is no Save button, this is because Microsft automatically saves your changes as you work.
To find out more about OneDrive click here to download the “OneDrive – Getting Started” ebook
Please note that Microsoft offers another storage service called OneDrive. You may already be using OneDrive to store personal documents and other content in the cloud. This service is different from your UoC OneDrive :
- OneDrive is online personal storage that you get with either a Microsoft account or Outlook.com. Use OneDrive to save documents, photos, and other files in the cloud. You’re free to decide how you want to use it.
- UoC OneDrive is online storage intended for storage oy your files whilst you are a student at UoC. Your UoC OneDrive is managed by the University and lets you share and collaborate on work documents with co-workers. Site collection administrators in your organization control what you can do in the library