University Of Cumbria Nursing Interview
Your guide to your interview session
|Degree Nursing Interview Day Programme|
|9:45||Meet and Greet|
|12:00||Lunch (provided in The View/Skiddaw Dining Room)|
|13:00||Specific field of nursing course information|
Note: The programme times above are only a guide, so times may be altered slightly during the day. Individual interviews are likely to be held within the times outlined above, therefore some candidates will finish earlier than others.
What you need to bring
We will need to see evidence of the qualifications you have already achieved at interview. Please bring both original certificates and photocopies in a clearly named envelope which show passes in the following areas:
- Grade C or above in GCSE English Language, Mathematics and Science/ Social Science or equivalent.
- Any level 3 qualifications (A-levels, BTEC or equivalent) if already achieved.
- The Admissions team will keep a copy of your certificates on file but you will be able to take home your originals on the day.
- Original certificates can include exam board certificates, candidate statement of results, and official transcripts and certificates from colleges and universities. We can accept candidate statements of results only when they have come from the exam board, not the print-outs provided by schools.
- If you have changed your name since the certificates were issued, please bring your birth certificate, change of name deed or marriage certificate as appropriate.
The BSc (Hons) degree in Nursing is an academic qualification combined with a professional nursing qualification.
Much of the academic work for all specialisms is taught jointly. Nursing practice and experience in your professional specialism will take place during block placements of between 10 and 12 weeks in a range of health care settings. Placements will be in North Lancashire and Cumbria.