University Of Cumbria Microsoft Office
Microsoft Office training
There’s so much help and support on Microsoft products, you’re spoilt for choice. You can consider all of these ways of getting help, depending on what you need and when you need it.
F1 help key
Don’t forget the F1 key on your keyboard. It opens full user guides and support content and articles.
Online help with Windows 7
Microsoft provide a wide range of help and support on finding out about Windows 7 and seeing how it is different to Windows XP. We recommend you start with Windows 7 Help & How-to, which has videos and explanations.
Online help with Office 2016 products
If you are new to Microsoft Office 2016, you might want some help finding your way around the new look screens and menus. Microsoft provides a range of short online courses available then links to more support. It covers Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, OneNote and Outlook 2016. Select Office 2016 quick start guides here.
The University of Cumbria is introducing Microsoft® Office365 for education for all our students and staff.
Before you start
You’ll need your student number and your Network password.
How to sign in to Office365
- Open the Microsoft Log in page – please bookmark https://outlook.com/uni.cumbria.ac.uk on your devices
- In the Office365 ID box, type your new email address. Enter it as firstname.lastname@example.org
You don’t need to use this part of your student number: /1 or /2. Just the digits before the first slash (/).
- In the Password box, type your Network password.
Want help on using all the Office365 functions?
Microsoft offers guides and web pages to help:
- Email guides takes you to Microsoft support on using email or Instant Messaging and creating rules.
- SkyDrive guides takes you to Microsoft help on making the best use of SkyDrive and accessing it from different platforms.
- Terms and conditions displays, in a new window, the full text of Microsoft’s terms and code of conduct. And, yes, you should read this.
Staff on campus
All staff use Microsoft Outlook. You will find it as part of the standard Microsoft products on your computer.