The Academic Procedures and Processes (including the Procedures and Processes for Collaborative Provision) expand on the Academic Regulations, providing more detail about how the Academic Regulations operate in practice.
- University Academic Regulations
- Summary of changes to Academic Regulations, Procedures
- Summary of changes to Academic Regulations – prospective students
The Academic Procedures and Processes contains the following:
- Academic Board Approved Variations to Academic Regulations for Specific Programmes (Appx 1)
- Qualification and Level Descriptors (Appx 2) – These are based on QAA’s Framework for Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQ)
- University-wide Grade Descriptors (Appx 3a) – These provide assessment criteria from Level 3 – Level 7
- Procedures Governing the Marking and Moderation of Assessment (Appx 3b) – These provide detail about the range of marking and moderation practices used by the university that help ensure consistency and assure standards. AQD’s Guidelines for Good Assessment Practice are available on the staff intranet.
- The Conduct of Assessment (Appx 3c) – This provides detail about practical arrangements for assessment such as submission deadlines, word limits, etc.
- Policy and Procedures Governing Academic Malpractice (Appx 3d) – This defines academic malpractice and details the scope of penalties available to address such cases.
- Extenuating Circumstance Procedures (Appx 3e) – This defines extenuating circumstances and details how they are considered and acted upon.
- Conduct and Operation of Assessment Boards (Appx 3f) – This details how the University’s two tier assessment board process operates.
- Transcripts and Parchments (Appx 3g) – This provides a summary of content of the University’s transcripts.