University for the creative arts study abroad

University for the creative arts study abroad

Study Abroad

Broaden your horizons with international opportunities

Your university experience at UCA can reach far beyond the South East of England.

Enhance your career prospects and gain new skills by studying and working abroad. Boost your employability by developing cross cultural understanding, foreign language skills and a global mindset. Develop links with key emerging economies and form networks to set you up in your future careers.

Living in another country, you’ll experience new places, people, cultures and possibilities. You’ll develop initiative, independence, motivation and, depending on where you go, a working knowledge of another language – all qualities employers are looking for.

University for the creative arts study abroad

Outgoing exchange FAQs

  • What are the differences between Erasmus and International exchange?

    Erasmus exchange takes place in European countries and the international exchange takes place in countries outside Europe. The funding available is different for each option.

  • Can I go to any university abroad?

    No, you can only go to a university with which UCA has a prior agreement. Please see our  of the institutions available by campus and course.

  • Do I have to pay tuition fees?

    Because the duration of the exchange period is only one term or semester students pay standard fees at UCA and no fees at the host University.

  • How much will it cost?

    It is not possible to provide an estimate of how much it will cost as this depends on a number of factors. You will not have to pay any tuition fees to the host institution.  However, you will need to consider the following:

    – Accommodation
    – Travel costs
    – Insurance – additional medical insurance in some countries
    – Visa (if applicable)
    – Living expenses, eg food
    – Other costs, eg study books

    Some countries (eg the USA) require proof that you have sufficient funds to cover your time abroad. You will need to ensure you find out what the current requirements are and have proof that you have sufficient funds.

  • Is there a limit on the amount of students who can go to one institution?

    Yes, the University has agreed numbers of students which can be exchanged with all its partners. This means you may not be able to go to your first choice of university abroad. Some Universities are very popular and places tend to get filled very quickly, in cases when the declaration of interest in a particular university is higher than places available, only the candidates with the highest grades will be able to apply.

University for the creative arts study abroad

  • Will my place be guaranteed by applying?

    No, it will be subject to places available at the Universities you are applying for. We recommend to apply to two different Universities to have more chances. For more information please see our .

  • I can only speak English, can I still study abroad?

    Yes, but it will depend on the partner University you have chosen. Not all partner Universities teach in English so at the research phase you need to either contact the Study Abroad Coordinator at UCA or enquiry directly with the University.

    Whilst researching the appropriate destination, you should also consider choosing modules which meet your language ability, as some modules will be taught in a foreign language. When the medium of instructions is not English we would advise to have a minimum level of “Intermediate” in the language of study.

  • What happens with my student/maintenance loan?

    Studying abroad might have an impact on the amount you receive. Students are advised to liaise directly with their loan provider to find out the implications for their finances.

  • How long will I be studying abroad?

    The exact dates of the exchange vary, depending on each country. On average you should expect to be away around 4-5 months. It may be the case in some countries they start spring term later, e.g- in some European countries they start the spring term in March and finish in July.