University College Birmingham Sports
Sport is big business. More people than ever understand the link between an active lifestyle and good health and are prepared to spend their income and leisure time on sport-related activities.
Sports Management is an exciting sector with a wide variety of employment opportunities in leisure centre and facility management, sports event, sports development, national governing bodies, sports coaching, sports marketing, PE teaching and health and fitness management.
This course will give you the management and practical skills you need to make the most of business opportunities in sport, at home and abroad. You will also develop the analytical, communication and decision-making skills vital for success in sports organisations.
Why should I choose this course?
- You will study the operational and strategic issues in sport, specifically relating to operating within an international environment.
- You will participate in several residential visits both in the UK and overseas so you can examine real world examples of effective sports management practice.
- You will get the chance to work on your own research project, which creates an opportunity to critically analyse a particular area or field of sports management that interests you.
- You will have work experience opportunities throughout your course in order to optimise your industry engagement.
- When you enrol you automatically become a student member of the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA).
Our open days are designed to give you as much information as possible about UCB and the areas you are interested in studying. Come along and we may make you an offer on the da
Sports Management BA (Hons)
Tariff: A minimum of 96 UCAS Tariff points from at least two A Levels or equivalent BTEC qualifications. Find out more about the changes to the UCAS Tariff.
Sports Management FdA
Tariff: A minimum of 56 UCAS Tariff points from at least one A Level or equivalent BTEC qualifications. Find out more about the changes to the UCAS Tariff.